Predictions of trends in Social Media have been the buzz of the blogoshpere only a few weeks into 2015, with forecasts from mega-sources like Forbes, to your coveted, trustworthy, analytical geniuses, like Jon Loomer (highly acclaimed Facebook Advertising Guru). This can be an overwhelming time for those of us who rely heavily on Social Media for our professional and personal pursuits, as we try to stifle the compelling desire to feel tapped into every source available to us. It’s for this reason that we’ve decided to gather what we feel are the top 10 articles written so far regarding the social media landscape of 2015. The articles chosen are concise, informative, and easily understandable to both professionals of the field and the everyday user. It is important to note that the articles are not listed in any ranking order, they are all equally as awesome to us!
THE TOP 10:
2. Simply Measured: Social Media is Changing in 2015: How to Stay Ahead of the Game.
3. TechRepublic: 9 social media trends to watch in 2015.
4. Huffington Post: Social Media Marketing in 2015: The Year of Quality Over Quantity.
5. Business 2 Community: 10 Social Media Marketing Trends to Watch Out for in 2015 (Info-graphic).
6. The Guardian: Digital Media Trends For 2015.
7. Information Age: What Your 2015 Social Media New Year’s Resolutions Should Be.
8. Social Media Delivered: Significant Social Media Demographics To Consider For Your 2015 Strategy.
10. Social Media Examiner: 28 Social Media Marketing Predictions for 2015.
WHAT THEY ARE SAYING:
The trends that are noted across most of the sources provided surround: the importance of Facebook Advertising Strategy, the emergence of Video as the dominant content choice across platforms, the prevalence of Mobile as the primary device of choice in both Social Media and E-Commerce— as well as the significance of mobile connectivity in consumer empowerment, the integration of a more ‘human’ engagement in marketing strategy, and finally, the power of the Hashtag in building collaborative communities.
WHAT WE ARE SAYING:
In the ever-evolving field of Digital Marketing, it’s crucial to remain adaptive and up-to-speed on industry trends, and thanks to these resources, we now have significant information readily available and right at our finger-tips. We are excited about the potential for 2015 as a year of re-working and re-defining the scope of digital media, and look forward to going along for the ride.